Clarifying the Logic of Open Choice

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:50:41 +0000

Below is a posting, with permission, of an offline exchange with Jan Velterop,
of Springer Open Choice. I have labelled the Dramatis Personae and tagged for
chronology. The title "Clarifying the Logic of Open Choice" is mine, not
Jan's. (I will let Jan have the last word in this posting and will reply
separately to a few of his points in my next posting. My surmise is that the
careful reader of this exchange will not need my subsequent reply -- but I may
be wrong.) -- SH