RE: Russia and Turkey Register Green OA Self-Archiving Mandates in ROARMAP

From: (wrong string) ülent Karasözen <bulent_at_metu.edu.tr>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:32:41 EDT

I don't see any reason for embargos for posting accepted articles
on institutional repositories. The best way would be to put the
the peer reviewed version of the article immedialy in the
institutioanal repository. In disciplines like mathematics the
reviewing process takes about one year. Publication of the
accepted paper takes one to two years. Within the time the
articles loose their value if they are not available for the
scientific community.

In the E-thesis repository of Middle East Technical University,
Ankara we have introduced the one year embargo for some thesis
due to patent applications. But we don't need it for accepted
articles and we will have no embargo rule for the articles.

Bulent Karasozen
Middle East Technical University
Department of Mathematics & Institute of Applied Mathematics
06531 Ankara-Turkey