Behavioral and Brain Sciences (Cambridge University Press)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:58:42 +0100

I hope I will be forgiven a moment of nostalgia in posting this excerpt
from a press release by Cambridge University Press (CUP) about the journal
I founded in 1978 and edited till 2002: Behavioral and Brain Sciences. BBS
has always had a very high impact factor, largely because of a special
feature called "Open Peer Commentary" that (for me, at any rate) always
foreshadowed the OA era. BBS has also provided, since the early 1990's,
an Open Access Preprint Archive, BBSprints. CUP is also a solid Green
publisher on author self-archiving, as well as offering the hybrid Gold
"Cambridge Open Option."

    http://www.bbsonline.org/
    http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/harnad/Temp/Kata/bbs.editorial.html
    http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/harnad/Temp/bbs.valedict.html