CaltechAUTHORS surpasses 8000 records (fwd)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:24:08 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:05:33 -0400
From: George Porter <george--library.caltech.edu>
To: SPARC Open Access Forum <SPARC-OAForum--arl.org>
Subject: CaltechAUTHORS surpasses 8000 records

CaltechAUTHORS <http://authors.library.caltech.edu/>, a constituent
institutional repository of Caltech CODA (Collection of Online Digital
Archives) <http://coda.caltech.edu/>, has achieved another growth
milestone, 8000 records. The wide ranging collection is composed
primarily of publisher permitted or Creative Commons licensed,
as-published journal articles in PDF format. The collection spans
--nearly a century, including material from every year from 1910-2007.
More than 100 publications have been deposited from each year,
1985-2007.

CaltechAUTHORS utilizes the open source EPrints.org platform which has
facilitated the easy inclusion of some of the less common document
types. We have received contributions of two PhD dissertations which
fall outside the scope of our local dissertation repository, Caltech ETD
<http://etd.caltech.edu/>, having been written prior to the authors'
arrival at Caltech. We received out first patent contribution
<http://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:US6787691B2> over the
weekend. The largest document deposited falls in the catch-all category
of Other.

The History of Recent Science and Technology project website was hosted
at hrst.mit.edu from 1999 through 2005. This web site was developed
pursuant to the Dibner Institute/Burndy Library and Sloan Foundation
ésProgram for the History of Recent Science and Technology on the Web.
The project is now closed and the web site is archived here in
CaltechAUTHORS <http://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:BUChrst06>.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681