Re: Increased citation of OA

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:07:05 +0100

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Iain Craig [Blackwell Publishers] wrote:

> There is a review article recently published (2007) in Journal of
> Informetrics which covers this ground, "Do open access articles have
> greater citation impact? A critical review of the literature".
>
> See: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2007.04.001 or for an alternate
> location, see http://www.publishingresearch.net/Citations.htm.

If Iain Craig wishes to single out his study
even though it is already included among the many items in
the bibliography I posted, may I point out that that same bibliography
also includes a critique of his study:

    "Craig et al.'s Review of Studies on the OA Citation Advantage"
    http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/248-guid.html

(I would perhaps not have added that the Craig et al study was proposed by
the Publishing Research Consortium and conducted by the staff of three
publishers, but I see that another publisher study is about to be
announced on AmSci. Stay tuned...)

Stevan Harnad