Russian OA mandate: not quite as first stated

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:22:47 -0400

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

All is not lost if this mandate is in fact ID/OA
(Immediate-Deposit/Optional-Access, or what Peter Suber calls Dual
Deposit/Release).

The only things standing between our planet and 100% OA is keystrokes.
If deposit is mandated, even if the deposited article is not made
immediately OA, that's 99% of the battle won -- and, to switch
metaphors, the last domino will fall soon thereafter).

And meanwhile, with all articles deposited, there is almost-OA via the
Institional Repositories' semi-automatic and almost-immediate "Email
Eprint Request" Button:

How the Immediate-Deposit/Optional-Access Mandate + the "Fair Use"
Button Work
http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/274-guid.html

Stevan Harnad