Re: [Dspace-general] Institutional Repositories vs Subject/Central Repositories

From: Beth Tillinghast <betht_at_hawaii.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:56:19 -1000

Thank you, Stevan, for your thoughtful reply. As it turns out we will be
working with Policyarchive to harvest the content in our IR (thanks to this
listserv!).

Can you and others on this list speak to the issue of an institutional
mandate for researchers to deposit their output in the insitution's own IR.
I know some institutions are taking this position, but I have also read a
number of articles advising against this approach.

Thank you very much,

Beth