Re: Call for a vote of nonconfidence in the moderator of the AmSci Forum

From: Jeffery, KG (Keith) <"Jeffery,>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:59:55 +0100

All -
actually I find Stevan's style invigorating and stimulating.  I may
get annoyed (which stimulates thought) but Stevan has an impeccable
style of scholarly discusssion which could - with benefit - be
emulated by others.  I do not see any conflict of interest or role -
Stevan appears to me to be even-handed, putting up postings critical
of his opinions and adds much to the discussion by his
interpolations.  I am happy to trust Stevan's judgement to exclude
from posting minimally and only then when the proposed posting
contravenes the well-known ethics of lists (and listed by Jan quoting
the BBC website).

I have just seen Derek's latest post to the list and agree; let's
discusss the real issues!
best
Keith

Prof Keith G Jeffery   E: keith.jeffery_at_stfc.ac.uk
Director Information Technology & International Strategy
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot, OXON  OX11  0QX   UK
T: +44 1235 44 6103  F:+44 1235 44 5147

President ERCIM & STFC Director: http://www.ercim.org/
W3C Office at STFC-RAL               http://www.w3.org/
President euroCRIS                        http://www.eurocris.org/
VLDB Trustee Emeritus:                 http://www.vldb.org/
EDBT Board Member                    http://www.edbt.org/
--------------------------

The contents of this email are sent in confidence for the use of the
intended recipient only.  If you are not one of the intended
recipients do not take action on it or show it to anyone else, but
return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it

The CCLRC telecommunications systems may be monitored in accordance
with the policy available from
<http://dlitd.dl.ac.uk/policy/monitoring/monitoring%20statement.htm>.

Please note that from 20081006 all my email will be sent out from
stfc in the format above.  However, incoming email using other email
addresses for me will work for the forseeable future.  Nonetheless,
you are advised to change any address book entries or typed 'to'
email addresses to the new address provided above.