Result of Moderator vote

From: Sally Morris <sally_at_morris-assocs.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:15:16 +0100

102 people, just over 10% of the list membership, voted (I cannot be
more precise as I notice that some people appear to be signed up
under more than one email address).  This is, obviously, a
self-selected sample but whether that could be expected to introduce
bias (other than to exclude those who either oppose a vote on
principle or do not care one way or the other) I don't know.  As
people were assured that the voting was confidential, I shall not
share the actual list with anyone.

Some of the comments suggested that people were actually voting on
whether or not Stevan should continue to post to the list, rather
than to moderate it, but I have nevertheless counted their votes as
being for/against Stevan's continuation as moderator.

The votes were nearly four to one (79.5% to 20.5%) in favour of
Stevan's remaining in post as moderator.

Sally

Sally Morris

South House, The Street

Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Tel:  +44(0)1903 871286

Fax:  +44(0)8701 202806

Email:  sally_at_morris-assocs.demon.co.uk