Re: Please Don't Conflate Green and Gold OA

From: Klaus Graf <klausgraf_at_GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 04:04:51 +0100

2008/11/22 Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>:
> Klaus
>

> I find your conclusions regarding the "Request Button" unproven.
>

> · Firstly, it is obvious that the button "works" in the case of the
> University of Tasmania. You got two papers, so the software works.

That was'nt the point. Like Professor Harnad you seems to use a
rabulistic discussion style.

> · Secondly the sample was ridiculously small.

This is true. So what? I requested 7 articles and received only 2. In
find this a very poor result for a Harnadian patent recipe.

> · Thirdly, you have given no indication of what you asked for. For
> example if you had asked for a thesis, the following could have happened:

I did'nt ask for a thesis. Do you think I am an idiot not knowing what
OA a la Harnad means? I asked for the following papers:

Reading, AM and Kennett, BLN and Goleby, B (2007) New constraints on
the seismic structure of West Australia: Evidence for terrane
stabilization prior to the assembly of an ancient continent? Geology,
35 (4). pp. 379-382. ISSN 0091-7613
Reading_2007_Geology.pdf

Smith, KH (2006) Promoting innovation in Australia: business and
policy issues. Discussion Paper. Australian Business Foundation,
Sydney.
InnovationKnowledgeEconomyFull.pdf

Kellow, AJ and Haward, M and Welch, K (2005) Salmon and Fruit Salad:
Australia's Response to World Trade Organisation Quarantine Disputes*.
Australian Journal of Political Science, 40 (1). pp. 17-32. ISSN
1036-1146
K4H24P2700606224.pdf

Cooke, DR and McPhail, DC (2001) Epithermal Au-Ag-Te Mineralization,
Acupan, Baguio District, Philippines: Numerical Simulations of Mineral
Deposition. Economic Geology, 96 (1). pp. 109-131. ISSN 0361-0128
Cooke_McPhail_ECON_GEOL_2001.pdf

Haward, M and Rothwell, DR and Jabour, J and Hall, R and Kellow, AJ
and Kriwoken, L and Lugten, GL and Hemmings, AD (2006) Australia's
Antarctic agenda. Australian Journal of International Affairs, 60 (3).
pp. 439-456. ISSN 1035-7718
CAJI_A_186498_O.pdf

Large, RR and Maslennikov, V and Robert, F and Danyushevsky, LV and
Chang, Z (2007) Multistage sedimentary and metamorphic origin of
pyrite and gold in the giant Sukhoi Log deposit, Lena gold province,
Russia. Economic Geology, 102 (7). pp. 1233-1267. ISSN 0361-0128
Multistage_Sedimentary.pdf [received]

Canty, AJ and Deverell, JA and Gomann, A and Guijt, RM and Rodemann, T
and Smith, JA (2008) Microfluidic Devices for Flow-Through Supported
Palladium Catalysis on Porous Organic Monolith. Australian Journal of
Chemistry, 61 (8). pp. 630-633. ISSN 0004-9425
AustJChem_2008.pdf [received]

Klaus Graf