Re: Please Don't Conflate Green and Gold OA

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:31:29 +0000

On 22 Nov 2008, at 06:43, Arthur Sale wrote:

> Obviously we in Tasmania need to do more work to
> educate our depositors to respond to 'reprint' requests, and we will.

Perhaps the actions of The Button could be discretely managed, so that
the library / repository manager could monitor the success rate of the
button and make enquiries or interventions as deemed appropriate (e.g.
if a member of staff is habitually DECLINING individual access to
material then remove the button to avoid unnecessary frustration, or
alternatively, if a member of staff is habitually GRANTING access,
then encourage the item to be made full OA).

In EPrints the Requests and Responses from the button are logged to
the History dataset, but nothing is done with the log entries.
--
Les Carr