Re: Doctoral Thesis on Open Access Advantage Receives Emerald/EFMD "Highly Recommended" Award

From: Imre Simon <is_at_IME.USP.BR>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:50:49 -0200

Stevan Harnad wrote:

> *Doctoral thesis highly
> commended<http://lborodis.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/doctoral-thesis-highly-
> commended/>
> *

> *Published version:* Norris, M, Oppenheim C, Rowland F. (2008) The
> citation
> advantage of open-access
> articles<http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/120748494/HTM
> LSTART>
> . *Journal of the American Society for Information Science and
> Technology* 59(12)
> 1963-72.

An OA reference to this paper would be appreciated. I tried to obtain
the full text of the article but the only way I found so far was to pay
US$ 29.95 at the Interscience site above. Please note that I work at the
largest University of Brazil and as such I have full-text access to more
than 12.000 peer-reviewed journals but somehow the above journal is not
accessible to me.

Other than that OA to an important paper analysing OA would be nice.

Imre Simon