Google book search settlement

From: Murali Shanmugavelan <Murali.Shanmugavelan_at_PANOS.ORG.UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:26:12 +0100

The Audacity of the Google Book Search Settlement - by Pamela Samuelson from Huffington post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-samuelson/the-audacity-of-the-googl_b_255490.html

From my first reading, this settlement has the potential to have negative impact on OA. This settlement - as i understand it - can bring in tons of unclaimed /non-propreitary works into google revenue streams. I am keen to know what others think.

Murali

Murali Shanmugavelan
Programme Manager, Information Society
murali.shanmugavelan_at_panos.org.uk
tel +44 (0)20 7239 7608

PANOS LONDON | ILLUMINATING VOICES
Promoting dialogue, debate and change

Register online to receive email updates and to access special web features
www.panos.org.uk/register