Tenurometer

From: Michael Smith <Michael.E.Smith.2_at_ASU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:49:12 -0700

Tenurometer is great! I evidently get assigned the publications of
all the ME Smiths in any discipline, inflating my h-index to far
higher than the most widely-cited scholars in my discipline. I wonder
if I can fool my Dean with this!

Seriously, the search function does allow me to find most of my own
publications, but the statistics function must take in all the ME
Smiths out there. Assigning tags a priori to searches (that is,
before the search has been run), rather than to actually entries, is
a strange procedure that may be to blame for my inflated data.

Mike Smith

Michael E. Smith, Professor

Arizona State University

www.public.asu.edu/~mesmith9