Cloture on KG Discussion

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:09:47 -0400

Every time the discussion in this Forum is allowed to stray off-topic,
it elicits a wave of participants -- sometimes longstanding ones --
signing off from the Forum. This is because this Forum -- dedicated
for many years exclusively to the discussion of concrete, practical OA
policy and strategy -- is followed by US and European University
provosts, presidents, rectors and other busy policy-makers who do not
have the time for off-topic discussion, let alone ad hominem flaming
and invective.

Consequently I have taken the step of signing KG off the Forum (the
first time I have done this, in the Forum's 12-year existence). The
Forum's archives are OA, so this does not deprive KG (or anyone) of
access, but it puts an end to his posting privileges.

The last several responses of Forum members to KG's postings
(including the latest one below, not posted) have confirmed my fear
that I had been remiss in my responsibility as moderator in not having
done this earlier.

With my apologies,

Stevan Harnad, Moderator
American Scientist Open Access Forum