Kid-sib and Dr Feynman

From: Harnad, Stevan (harnad@cogsci.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 21:33:25 GMT

Perhaps I can borrow from the lectures of the Nobel-laureate physicist,
Richard Feynman, to introduce the idea of always writing for Kid-sib:

    "These lectures are about what we can and can't do with machines today,
    and why. I have attempted to deliver them in a spirit that should be
    recommended to all students embarking on the writing of their [essays]
    Imagine that you are explaining your ideas to your former
    smart, but ignorant, self, at the beginning of your studies!"

[Thanks to Tony Hey for this quote from the recent book of
Richard Feynman's lecture on machines that he has edited.]