Re: Gold *includes* green - access to Gold is not limited to any platform, database, publisher

From: Jan Velterop <openaccess_at_BTINTERNET.COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:57:57 +0000

Keith,
At Springer we actually deposit for them, if authors who opt for OA want
that. For biomed articles we automatically deposit in PMC/PMC-UK.

Best,

Jan

On 26 Jan 2007, at 15:15, Jeffery, KG (Keith) wrote:

Jan -

I agree gold publishing does not stop parallel green - and hence
OAISTER/OAI-PMH distributed access - but will the author be
encouraged / stimulated to parallel green deposit when s/he knows
that the OA gold route makes the publication available free at the
point of use (on a publisher's database); my point was less about
technical feasibility than observed practice.

With a conventional publishing environment the author/researcher is
encouraged to parallel green deposit by a combination of funder
mandates and desire for widest dissemination / impact well over and
above that of the conventional (subscription-based) publishing
route.

Stevan -

I agree with your comments; thanks for them

Both/list -
Sorry for the confusion; I was (as usual) too terse!