Re: European Research Council Mandate Green OA Self-Archiving

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:09:18 EST

No, neither the ERC Green OA Self-Archiving Mandate nor the NIHGreen OA
Self-Archiving Mandate applies to books. (Nor do theRCUK mandates, nor the
university and departmental mandates, norany of the 35 mandates adopted and
the 8 proposed worldwide sofar: http://
www.eprints.org/signup/fulllist.php.) They all applyonly to peer- reviewed
journal-articles.

Book self-archiving cannot and should not be mandated, for thecontrary of
much the same reasons peer-reviewed journal articlescan and should be.

Stevan Harnad