(wrong string) édon is right!

From: Stevan Harnad <amsciforum_at_GMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:18:21 -0400

Rehana is absolutely right. I did not approve for posting on the
American Scientist Open Access Forum Rehana's posting entitled "Lies,
fear and smear campaigns against SJI and other OA journals" because it
was my judgment as moderator that the posting was libelous and
defamatory. I stand by that judgment. The curious may see the posting
in question at:

https://arl.org/lists/sparc-oaforum/Message/4526.html

See also:

"OA Needs Open Evidence, Not Anonymous Innuendo"
http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/455-guid.html

I invite the Forum to let me know whether they would prefer a
moderator who allows such postings. If so, I will obligingly end my
10-year tenure as moderator of the American Scientist Open Access
Forum, as I would under no circumstance moderate a Forum that allowed
such postings.

Be advised, though, that this Forum has about 1000 members, and to be
voted down as moderator, I would expect to hear from a plurality of
the members, not just from the inevitable disgruntled few.

I am, however, quite ready to step down, if that is the prevailing wish.

Stevan Harnad