Re: Liblicense-l: rules of the road

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:07:32 +0100

On 23 Oct 2008, at 12:09, Sally Morris (Morris Associates) wrote:
> Here's a set of 'rules' for another email discussion forum, one
> which I
> personally think is moderated in an exemplary fashion

I expect there are hundreds of other discussion forums whose charters
and processes are indeed praiseworthy. To forestall a combinatorial
explosion of admirable attributes, let me draw the attention of those
who are interested to the following analysis of the diverse practices
of mailing list moderation:

Berge, Z.L. & Collins, M.P. (2000). Perceptions of e-moderators about
their roles and functions in moderating electronic mailing lists.
Distance Education: An International Journal, 21(1), 81-100.
http://www.emoderators.com/moderators/modsur97.html

Given the range of practices represented above and the result of the
recent vote, I propose that the status quo is admirable position to
maintain. (Moderation-wise, not OA-wise!)
--
Les Carr