Investigate the postgraduate research courses we offer, including MPhils and PhDs as well as specialist courses such as the EdD (Doctor of Education), DM (Doctor of Medicine) and DBA (Doctor of Business Administration).
Join our dynamic research community and benefit from Southampton’s world-leading academic expertise and cutting-edge facilities. Our international connections, impressive funding portfolio and strong links with business and industry open up a world of opportunities for our postgraduate researchers.
You can also take advantage of the extensive portfolio of training and development activities provided by our Doctoral College, which will support you to make the transition to becoming an independent researcher and give you an edge in the global job market.
Click on the letters in the grid to jump down to subjects beginning with that letter, then click on the subject name to find out more about postgraduate study in that area.
- Biodiversity, Ecology and Ecosystem Services
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Science (Medicine)
- Biomedical Sciences (Centre for Biological Sciences)
- Business (including Accounting, Finance and Management)
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Engineering and the Environment
- Magnetic Resonance
- Marine Biogeochemistry
- Mathematical Sciences
- Modern Languages
- Molecular and Cellular Biosciences
- Palaeoceanography and Palaeoclimate
- Physical Oceanography
- Physics and Astronomy
- Plant Biology
- Politics and International Relations
For international students who plan to come to the University of Southampton for postgraduate study, our pre-sessional programmes can help you to improve your language skills and find out more about studying in the UK.