With guaranteed accommodation for all first year students*, and a wide variety of room types available across our 6,500 rooms in halls, you’ll quickly find a home-away-from-home that’s just right for you.
*Read more about our guarantee of student accommodation.
Excellent value student accommodation
Choose from standard, ensuite, self-catered, part-catered and studio flat options from our 6500 rooms
We offer a large variety of rooms to suit every student’s needs and budget, from non-ensuite self-catered rooms with a shared bathroom from £89 per week, to ensuite rooms that start from £116 per week. We also offered part-catered options with two hot meals provided per day, and self-contained flats.
Plus all our accommodation in halls of residence includes:
- Wi-Fi and high-speed internet connections
- a unilink bus pass* (unlimited travel on unilink and Bluestar services)
- all utility bills
- insurance cover
- on-site 24-hour support and services
- contract lengths to match the academic year
- cleaning of communal space
- no deposit or agency admin fees
- 24-hour security
- online maintenance request and tracking system
- on-site amenities that can include common rooms with TVs, bars, gyms, pool tables, gardens and barbeque areas
*Halls that are not based in Southampton do not include a unilink bus pass as the network does not extend beyond Southampton. Prices are adjusted to reflect this.
Learn more about what it is like to live in our halls.
Living in halls is the best way to meet new people when you arrive at University
We guarantee accommodation in one of our halls of residence provided that:
- you are a new full-time registered undergraduate or a non-EU international postgraduate student
- Southampton is either your Firm or Insurance choice of university
- your accommodation application is made by August 1st
- your application is for single occupancy
If you are not covered by the accommodation guarantee we will still encourage you to make an application and we will make offers based on availability.
After your first year you can apply to live in halls again but a place is not guaranteed.
We also offer guidance and support in helping you to find alternative accommodation if required.
We do not guarantee accommodation for most postgraduate students, but you can apply for a place at halls and we will support you in finding suitable private rented accommodation.
International (non UK/EU) students are guaranteed accommodation for the full duration of their studies. The deadline for applications is August 1st.