Sarah Louise Warnes
- Primary position:
- Research Fellow
- Other positions:
- Learning Support Assistant, part-time, Enabling Services
2008-2013 PhD University of Southampton, UK.
2008 to date Research Fellow, University of Southampton, UK.
1985-1987, 1994-2003, 2004-2007 Research Assistant, University of Southampton, UK.
1982-1985 Project Leader, Xoma (UK) Ltd.
1980-1982 Research Assistant, University of Leeds, UK.
1977-1980 BSc University of Leeds, UK.
The University of Southampton's electronic library (e-prints)
- Viral glycoproteins
- Development of diagnostic kits for the detection of microbial pathogens
- Production of immunotoxins in the treatment of childhood leukaemia
- Investigating the incidence of protozoan parasites and bacterial pathogens in biowastes and the subsequent risk of infection and contamination of the human food chain.
- Potential benefits of fish oils in pregnancy
- The use of antimicrobial surfaces in high risk clinical and community environments to reduce infection spread and horizontal gene transfer which has led to the evolution of multi-drug-resistant pathogens.
- The mechanism of dry surface copper toxicity against microbial pathogens including the role of copper ionic and reactive oxygen species, and also identification of the physiological targets.
- Norovirus persistence in the environment.
Research supervised by Professor Bill Keevil
Primary research group: Environmental Biosciences
Antimicrobial copper: Biocidal efficacy and killing mechanism of copper and copper alloy dry surfaces against bacterial and viral pathogens
Touch surfaces are an important conduit for transmission of bacteria, viruses and fungi, leading to mass outbreaks of disease in the community and healthcare acquired infections by multiple antibiotic resistant microorganisms causing great morbidity and mortality.
- Supervision of medical students undertaking laboratory project (pre 2001)
- Supervision and design of laboratory research projects for final year Biological Sciences undergraduates
Dr Sarah Louise Warnes
FNES Student Office
Centre for Biological Sciences
Faculty of Natural & Environmental Sciences
Life Sciences Building 85
University of Southampton
Room Number: 85/4041