Choose from self-catered or catered, many with en-suite facilities
We offer full-time registered undergraduate and international postgraduate students a place in halls during their first year of study. All of our halls offer high quality accommodation in a safe, friendly and diverse environment with excellent facilities:
- Self-catered halls with well-equipped communal kitchens, or part-catered accommodation with 10 meals provided throughout the week, plus some meals at weekends.
- All halls have a variety of common rooms and various facilities, which may include a library, music room, TV and games rooms and a computer room. Some halls have sports facilities, all have launderettes and many have bars and other social facilities.
- All halls have food shops nearby.
- Junior Common Room (JCR) committee and organised social and sporting events in every hall.
- Many of the halls offer a range of rooms, including en-suite rooms.
- Southampton halls are connected to campuses and the city centre by the fast, frequent uni-link bus service.
- A Residence Support Service on hand for advice and guidance from 6pm to 8am every night of the year.
Explore our accommodation
You can take a tour of our halls of residences by attending a University Open Day.
Using our Virtual Open Day you can explore our accommodation from wherever you are. Take a look around the different types of rooms, such as non-en suite en suite, as well as the kitchens and common rooms. You can also visit facilities such as gyms, laundry rooms and restaurants in the catered halls.
If you are a full-time, registered* undergraduate student we will offer you a place in halls during your first year of study, providing you meet the following criteria:
- You normally live outside the Southampton city boundaries.
- Your application is received by 1 August in the year in which your studies commence.
- You are unaccompanied - you do not bring any dependants, such as a partner or children.
If you are a non-EU international undergraduate student commencing study before 2013/14, you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation for the duration of your studies in Southampton. You will need to apply by 1 August in the year in which your course begin, and before the start of the second semester in the following years.
If you are a non-EU international undergraduate student commencing study in 2013 or later, you are guaranteed accommodation for the full duration of your studies. The deadline for applications is August 1st.
*Full-time and studying for a complete academic year