Edward S Richardson
- Primary position:
- Associate Professor
Edward S. Richardson is an Associate Professor and EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow in the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics group at the University of Southampton. He leads research activities on reactive and multi-phase turbulent flows, with application to gas turbine and internal combustion engines. Edward’s research uses data generated with the world’s largest super-computers to develop new design methods for clean and efficient combustion processes.
Prior to joining the University of Southampton, Edward undertook three years of post doctoral research at the Combustion Research Facility, Sandia National Laboratories, California, and completed Marie Curie Early Stage Research Training at the European Centre for Research and Training in Advanced Scientific Computation (CERFACS) in Toulouse, France. Richardson received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Cambridge University in 2007.
The University of Southampton's electronic library (e-prints)
Conference or Workshop Item
- Energy systems for power and propulsion.
- Modelling of multi-phase fluid dynamics and turbulent spray processes.
- Turbulent combustion simulation, theory and modelling.
- Diesel engine combustion processes.
- Stratified combustion phenomena.
- Utilisation of Liquefied Natural Gas and other cryogenic energy vectors.
- Environmental dispersion of aerosols and reactive pollutants.
Primary research group: Energy Technology