Professor Richard D Sandberg MS, PhD
- Related links
- Personal homepage
Professor Richard D Sandberg is a visiting academic within Engineering and the Environment at the University of Southampton.
Richard Sandberg is Chair of Computational Mechanics in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Melbourne, and a visiting academic with the University of Southampton. His main interest is in high-fidelity simulation of turbulent flows and the associated noise generation.
- 2012-2015: Professor of Fluid Dynamics and Aeroacoustics in the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics research group at the University of Southampton
- 2011-2012: Senior Lecturer of Aerospace Engineering in the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics Research
- 2008: Visiting Researcher at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- 2007-2012: Royal Academy of Engineering/EPSRC research fellowship
- 2007-2011: Lecturer of Aerospace Engineering in the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics Research
- 2005-2007: Research Fellow in Simulation of trailing-edge broadband noise in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics Research Group University of Southampton
- 1999-2004: PhD in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Arizona in ‘Numerical Investigation of Transitional and Turbulent Supersonic Axisymmetric Wakes’ (with Prof. Hermann Fasel)
- 1998-1999: M.S. in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Arizona in 1999 ‘Investigation of Turbulence Models for Turbulent Boundary Layer Flows using Temporal Numerical Simulations’
- 1994-1998: ‘Undergraduate’ at the University of Stuttgart