Aerospace Engineering Degrees
Aeronautics and Astronautics encompasses a broad range of disciplines in the field of aerospace engineering, with applications to the specification, design and construction of airframes, engines, satellites and other spacecraft.
These disciplines include aerodynamics, flight mechanics, materials, propulsion, structures, as well as aircraft and spacecraft systems. Cutting-edge research in all these disciplines is carried out in Engineering and the Environment by recognised experts in their fields.
As an undergraduate, you will benefit from this expertise and from the excellent links we have with the major aerospace companies in the UK and Europe.
You can apply for industrial work experience with these organisations either during the summer vacations or by taking a year out from University.
In addition, there are opportunities for you to spend a period of study, either one semester or one year, with one of our partner institutions in mainland Europe.
If you are considering a career in the armed forces, Southampton is one of the universities designated for the Defence Technical Undergraduate Scheme, which provides sponsored places to students on specific courses, including Aeronautics and Astronautics, and has active Army, Navy and Air Force units.
Aeronautics and Astronautics degrees
- H401 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics (4 years)
- H422 BEng (Hons) Aeronautics & Astronautics (3 years)
- H490 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Aerodynamics (4 years)
- H491 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Airvehicle Systems Design (4 years)
- 09F4 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Computational Engineering Design (4 years)
- HN42 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Engineering Management (4 years)
- 7T32 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Materials and Structures
- 39C5 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Semester Abroad (4 years)
- 32F6 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Semester in Industry (4 years)
- H493 MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics / Spacecraft Engineering (4 years)
- H008 BEng/MEng Engineering/ Physics / Geophysics Foundation Year