Understanding how processes scale from individuals to ecosystems in a changing ocean
Species: the operating unit for evolution
· How molecular mechanisms shape the functioning of individuals and their interaction with the environment
Communities: the operating unit for ecology
· What controls the assembly, function and stability of ecological communities
· How do communities respond to natural and human perturbation?
Ecosystems: the operating unit for global functioning and ecosystem services
· How sensitive are complex biological systems to change?
Patterns in space and time: the operating unit for resilience
· At what scales of space and time do patterns hold, and how do they vary across different scales?
Society and human well-being: the operating unit for resource allocation
· Identifying the benefits that ecosystems provide people
· Improving sustainable resource use by society
· Communicating risks and values to policy makers and citizens globally
Post Doctoral Research Fellows