Within the University we will continue to make key contributions to interdisciplinary research activities and sustain success. We lead and participate in strategic research groups in: Ageing and Lifelong Health, Population Health and Work Futures. In addition, we act as a centre of excellence for statistical innovations through the Southampton Statistical Sciences Research Institute (S3RI). We will maintain our collaborations with colleagues across the University, including Engineering, Electronics & Computer Science, and Health Sciences, in existing and new successful major research awards.
Outside of the University, we will continue to maintain and embed collaborations with world class international institutions across the globe, and expand our network of international research partners, to address key social, health, environmental, economic and political challenges. We will also sustain and extend our strong links with local, national and international policy and practice user communities.
We are consolidating and building on our successes through our major research priorities over the coming years:
- Investing in and enhancing capacity, both people and resources, in our existing fields of excellence and in areas of emerging societal challenge that require insights and solutions from the social sciences.
- Further improving our performance in advance of the next assessment of research quality and impact (2020).
- Continuing to increase and diversify our research income sources.
- Expanding our postgraduate research community.
- Providing institutional leadership in the social sciences to advance new and potential areas of interdisciplinary and collaborative research across the University.
18 May 2015
16 April 2015
23 March 2015
24 February 2015