Winchester School of Art offers an interdisciplinary, research-led environment for full- and part-time postgraduate research students from a range of areas of art, design and global culture.
We welcome proposals for MPhil/PhD in:
- Fine Art
- Graphic Arts
- Art and Design Management
As part of a vibrant research-intensive University, cross-disciplinary engagement is encouraged and many of our PhD students extend their research across academic disciplines and collaborate with researchers in related areas of the creative arts, and in fields as diverse as archaeology, psychology, biomedical sciences, nanoscience, social sciences and sound engineering.
Before making an application you might like to view the following information:
- Postgraduate research - a dedicated blog and website of current postgraduate research offers insight into the recent and ongoing activities related to the PhD programme. The website also includes a list of our current researchers.
- Research staff - we recommend you view the profiles of our current research staff to consider who might provide suitable supervision. NB. Interdisciplinary supervision can sometimes involve staff from across different faculties at the University. (See also Research at WSA)
- Supervision & progress - find out more about the supervisory process, training, and professional development opportunities at the University.
- How to apply - full details are provided to guide you through the application requirements and process.
- Money matters - details of fees, scholarships and funding available for research study.