How we can help you
We can help you to:
Our partnership with the Royal National Lifeboat Institution has enabled it to make efficiency savings without affecting performance
- find innovative solutions to business challenges to give you a competitive advantage, through consultancy, knowledge transfer or a research partnership
- test new technologies using our cutting edge facilities
- access start-up business support to get your new high-tech enterprise off the ground
- commercialise the University's innovations through a licensing agreement
- develop your skills, or those of your staff, for example through our management degree courses or bespoke training
- unlock funding for research by accessing grants only available through a university collaboration – for example from Innovate UK (formerly the Technology Strategy Board) and the European Commission. Research and development activity could also qualify your business for tax relief
We have a strong track record of working with business
- We currently work with more than 300 companies worldwide, including multinationals such as Airbus, Rolls-Royce and Microsoft as well as public and third sector organisations and numerous small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Forty per cent of our research activities involve industry collaboration.
- We have taken our innovations to market through the creation of 12 spin-out companies since 2000, three of which have been floated on the stock market.
Our research is of the highest quality
We are recognised as one of the leading UK research universities. The latest national assessment of research (Research Excellence Framework 2014) rated over 97 per cent of the University’s research environment as world-leading and internationally excellent.
We have teams of professionals dedicated to working with business
Staff in our Research and Innovation Services (RIS) and enterprise units are experienced in working with businesses. Our collaboration managers are the first point of contact for our industry partners. They will:
- listen to your requirements and come up with a tailored solution for your business
- put you in touch with the right people within the University
- manage the relationship between your business and the University on an ongoing basis