Southampton Centre for Biomedical Research
The Southampton Centre for Biomedical Research (SCBR) lies at the core of our clinical and biomedical research partnership with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
This body coordinates the people and resources of our major clinical research facilities, units and centres which are supported by £27m of National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funded infrastructure which includes the following:
- NIHR Southampton Biomedical Research Centre in nutrition
- NIHR Southampton Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit
- NIHR/Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility
- NIHR/Cancer Research UK Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre
- NIHR/Cancer Research UK University of Southampton Clinical Trials Unit
- Shadow Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research unit
- Shadow Cardiovascular Biomedical Research unit
The SCBR enables Southampton to be much greater than the sum of its components, so that researchers work faster and more efficiently. Quality assured nursing, specialist laboratories, clinical governance and facilities mean a wide range of health issues can be efficiently investigated, with confidence.
Visit the Clinical Research in Southampton website to find out more.
A five year research and implementation programme funded by the NIHR and Partner organisations with the aim of improving the health of the people of Wessex and the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care. Visit the CLAHRC-Wessex website to find out more.