Scroll down, use the links below to jump to the relevant faculty, or see a list of our academic units and subject areas.
Teaching and research areas: internet law, maritime law, environmental law, strategy, marketing, human resources management, textiles, graphics, fashion design.
Teaching and research areas: audiology, environmental sciences, aeronautics and astronautics, acoustical engineering, civil engineering, energy, mechanical engineering, ship science.
- Aeronautics, Astronautics and Computational Engineering
- Civil, Maritime and Environmental Engineering and Science
- Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Sound and Vibration Research
Teaching and research areas: cancer, palliative and end of life care, active living and rehabilitation, the organisation and delivery of care, continuous professional development training.
- Professional Practice in Health Sciences
- Centre for Innovation and Leadership in Health Sciences
Teaching and research areas: archaeology, English, film, history, modern languages, music, philosophy.
Disciplines within Humanities:
Teaching and research areas: general practice, respiratory medicine, developmental sciences, cancer sciences and bone and joint diseases, with cross-cutting themes in translational immunology and stem cells and regenerative medicine.
Teaching and research areas: geochemistry, pharmacology, catalysis, electrochemistry, ocean dynamics, paleoceanography, paleoclimatology, ecology and molecular biology.
Teaching and Research areas: electronics and electrical engineering, computer science and IT, web science, optoelectronics, physics and astronomy.
Teaching and research areas: education, teaching and learning, geography and environment, applied and pure mathematic, statistics, operational research, psychology, social sciences, ageing/gerontology, economics, politics and international relations, social statistics and demography, sociology, social policy and criminology.
- Art (Winchester School of Art)
- Education (Southampton Education School)
- Law (Southampton Law School)
- Management (Southampton Business School)
- Ocean and Earth Science, National Oceanography Centre Southampton
- Optoelectronics (Optoelectronics Research Centre)