Richard Newitt Bursary -Post Graduate Taught Bursary
The Richard Newitt Bursary is available for the 2015 - 2016 academic year and is a Postgraduate Taught Bursary of £5,000 to pay for the tuition fees only. It is available for a period of 1 year (or across 2 years for a part-time student). The award is open to UK citizens only.
Making an application:
Applications must make a 500- 750 word submission answering the following question:
‘How would you use the opportunity to study your chosen programme at the University of Southampton to enable you to improve patient care or service delivery?’
If successfully awarded, from time to time students will be asked to provide brief interviews or write a small amount of text about their work and the impact of the funding on their study.
Applications for the Richard Newitt bursary are welcome at the same time as applying for a postgraduate taught programme.
To apply for a programme:
You can apply to undertake a postgraduate programme online here. Within your application please state that you wish to apply for the Richard Newitt Bursary.
Applications from offer holders for the Richard Newitt bursary must include the following information:
- Name of applicant.
- Name of the programme for which applicant has applied.
- Application number.
- Process for awarding scholarship
Each applicant‘s submission will be viewed and rated by members of academic staff of the faculty. The strongest application from each programme will be forwarded to the Associate Dean, Education and Student Experience who will choose one applicant to receive the Richard Newitt Bursary Award of £5,000, towards their tuition fee.
The closing date for submission is Friday 12 June 2015.
Applicants will be informed of the decision within 6-8 weeks of the closing date
NB: Eligibility will be determined through the following criteria:
- Is the applicant going to have some demonstrable effect in their field?
- Can the applicant articulate their reasons for applying and demonstrate the capacity to write and persuade?
- Will the applicant make the most of the scholarship on offer to them at Southampton?
- Does the applicant hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in September 2015?