As a postgraduate student you will need to pay annual tuition fees to the University for your programme of study. You may be able to apply for funding to help you cover your costs.
Applicants working within the NHS or other healthcare providers may be eligible for support with funding from their employer through the Learning Beyond Registration Contract arrangements with the Strategic Health Authority. Applicants should seek further details from their employing organisation.
When planning your finances, you will also need to consider other expenses such as living costs, accommodation fees and study materials. Visit the University's Postgraduate fees and funding page for more information about living costs.
These vary according to the type of programme you choose (eg research or taught; classroom-laboratory- or workshop-based; clinical). Fees charged for full-time non-EU international students include the full cost of tuition, examinations, Students’ Union membership and research support expenses. Fees information can be found on the Postgraduate fees and funding pages.
Discount on postgraduate courses
10 per cent discount on postgraduate courses for University of Southampton final-year students and alumni.
Find out more
The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Southampton is generously offering a limited number of £5000 Scholarships to International candidates applying for postgraduate taught programmes. The award will be deducted from programme fees.
This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need.
Making an application:
Applicants must provide a written account of not more than 500 words titled:
"How would you anticipate using the opportunity to study at the University of Southampton to improve health care in your home country?"
In which they should detail why they have applied to the University of Southampton, how the programme will benefit them as a practitioner and the future benefits to their home country after study.
Applications for the scholarship must include the following information:
- Name of applicant.
- Details of English Language Score (must have IELTs or equivalent of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in reading and writing).
- Name of course for which applicant has applied.
- Application number
NB Applicants must hold an unconditional offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2014 to be eligible.
Applicants can submit the statement at the same time as applying for a programme to study or once offered a place but the statement must be received before 1 March 2014.
Scholarships for Overseas Students are for applicants commencing study of any subject offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences at postgraduate level as a full-time student in the academic year 2014/15.
Who is eligible:
- Applicants must be new, full-time, non-EU applicants.
- Applicants must show strong academic ability.
- Applicants should not be eligible for other financial support from the University of Southampton e.g. tuition fee reductions through scholarships, bursaries, etc.
Further information on how to apply:
Candidates can apply direct or be nominated by a member of the Faculty or by a regional representative.
Process for awarding scholarship
- Each application will be viewed and rated by members of an academic committee of the faculty.
- Scholarships will only be available to new applicants.
- Those successfully awarded will receive confirmation in April 2014.
If successfully awarded an international scholarship, an applicant must accept the offer of a place on the programme and the scholarship within three weeks.
NB: Eligibility will be determined through the following criteria:
- Is the applicant going to have some demonstrable effect in their field?
- Can the applicant articulate their reasons for applying and demonstrate the capacity to write and persuade?
- Will the applicant make the most of the scholarship on offer to them at Southampton?
- Does the applicant hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2014?
For more information on how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org