Professor Carolyn Emery will be a Diamond Jubilee International Visiting Fellow at the University of Southampton from 2015 to 2018.
Visiting Fellow and Host
Fellow: Professor Carolyn Emery, Professor and Co-Chair, Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre, University of Calgary
Host: Professor Maria Stokes, Professor of Musculoskeletal Research, Faculty of Health Sciences
Aims of the collaboration
- Interdisciplinary research collaborations in the prevention of injury and post-traumatic osteoarthritis (PTOA) between the Universities of Calgary and Southampton.
- Participation in international research activities by the Movement Screening Group.
- Engagement with the Arthritis Research UK Centre of Excellence for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis (SEOA Centre)
- Student mentoring within the clinical sciences, engineering and life sciences disciplines.
Fellowship activities in 2015
- Visit by Dr Jackie Whittaker
- International Workshop on Movement Screening and Interventions, Southampton, October 2015
- Supervision of PhD students
- PhD student visit to Calgary
- Development of research collaboration with Engineering Sciences
- Preparation of systematic review
Fellowship activities in 2016
Professor Emery's first visit took place in March 2016.
- Systematic review submitted for publication
- Event proposal submitted to International Olympic Committee
- Preparation of funding proposal
- Visit by Dr Gregor Kuntze and research data analysis
- Ongoing supervision of PhD students
- International Movement Screening and Interventions Group (IMSIG) Workship, Southampton, September.
- Presentation at World Rugby Science Network Conference, Bath, September
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton
Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre, University of Calgary