Professor Kenneth Lee will be a Diamond Jubilee International Visiting Fellow at the University of Southampton from 2014 to 2017.
Visiting Fellow and Host
Fellow: Professor Kenneth Lee, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Host: Professor Richard Oreffo, School of Medicine
Aims of the collaboration
To establish close collaborative research between the Centre for Human Development, Stem Cells and Regeneration at the University of Southampton and the School of Biomedical Sciences at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Fellowship activities in 2014
Fellowship activities in 2015
- Development of a funding application
- Successful award of a project grant
- 10 day research programme between CUHK and the Bone and Joint Research Group
- Ongoing preparation for the proposed joint laboratory
- Professor Oreffo was a guest speaker at the Stem Cells and Regenarative Medicine Conference, Hong Kong, November 2015
- Successful award of a Croucher Summer Course on stem cell biology and regenerative medicine to run between 2016 and 2020.
Fellowship activities in 2016
- Establishment of joint PhD programme between the Centre for Human Development, Stem Cells and Regeneration and CUHK
- Visit to the University of Southampton, July, for ongoing resarch development and PhD supervision
- A formal MOU was signed by both Vice-Chancellors to establish a Joint Laboratory.
- The first PhD student visited CUHK as part of a new student exchange.
University of Southampton School of Medicine
Chinese University of Hong Kong