Professor Nikolaos Vainos will be a Diamond Jubilee International Visiting Fellow at the University of Southampton from 2015 to 2018.
Visiting Fellow and Host
Fellow: Professor Nikolaos Vainos, Professor and Chair of the Department of Materials Science, Photonic Materials, Structures and Applications Laboratory, University of Patras
Host: Professor Robert Eason, Professor and Associate Dean (Research), Optoelectronics Research Centre.
Aims of the collaboration
- To further collaborative research in the field of advanced photonic materials and applications in relation to the fabrication of three-dimensional multifunctional devices on the nanoscale.
- The development of a joint entrepreneurial venture between the Universities of Southampton and Patras with a focus on materials and device technologies
Fellowship activities in 2015
- First visit to the University of Southampton as a Visiting Fellow, October 2015.
- Assessment of preliminary research results
- Extension of feasibility studies
- Experimental work at the University of Patras
Fellowship activities in 2016
- Visit to the University of Southampton, April - May 2016
- Ongoing assessment of research results and follow up
- Publication: Optical Materials Express
- Presentation at COST Action MP1205 “Advances in Optofluidics” workshop meeting, Italy, Sept 16
- Ongoing research at the University of Patras including processing of samples and further experimental work.
Optoelectronics Research Centre, University of Southampton
Department of Materials Science, University of Patras
Photonic Materials, Structures and Applications Group, University of Patras