WSAL: loans and borrowing
All staff and students of the University of Southampton are entitled to use the collections, facilities and services available at Winchester School of Art Library and the University's other four libraries. A general guide to library loan services is also available. Below are details that relate to Winchester School of Art Library in particular (also see guidance on Inter-site-loans). If you require further information please contact a member of staff.
- Undergraduates and Foundation students may borrow up to 15 books, videos or DVDs
- Postgraduates (taught) may borrow up to 20 books, videos or DVDs.
- Postgraduates (Phd/Research) may borrow unlimited books, videos and DVDs.
- Staff can borrow unlimited books, videos or DVDs.
- Exchange Students are entitled to join the library as soon as the documentation regarding their period of exchange is confirmed by their department. Exchange students have exactly the same borrowing rights as undergraduate students and are subject to the same rules.
- WSA Students going on Exchange are entitled to borrow up to 3 books to take on exchange. Items are issued at the discretion of the Library Staff due to the heavy demand placed on some texts.
- External users have access to books and journals, but not DVDs and videos unless by prior arrangement. Visits by groups must be arranged through the Head of the Library and Information Services.
- Periodicals & Reference items are normally not available for loan. However, you may loan up to three items for one hour only to colour photocopy or scan.
You can renew items yourself via WebCat in the 'My Account' option or you can contact the Library via email or telephone.
Penalties for overdue items
Information on the penalties incurred for overdue loans can be found on the Library's loans and borrowing page.
Email and telephone contact
For renewals, or any enquiry concerning loans and borrowing, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 023 8059 6982.