UK and EU undergraduate tuition fees for 2015/16 entry
The standard annual fee for UK/EU students starting full-time undergraduate degrees in 2015/16 is £9,000.
The £9,000 fee applies to all courses including:
- our foundation year courses
- all years of study on Bachelor of Medicine courses
- our four-year integrated masters courses
Your tuition fees will cover compulsory course costs, such as field trips and laboratory clothing.* On some courses, there may be additional charges associated with activities such as field trips or placements, or for required or recommended equipment. Details of any additional costs will be available from the relevant department and in your course module information.
International undergraduate tuition fees for 2015/16 entry
|All programmes (including foundation year) in Health Sciences||£15,936 per year|
|All programmes (including foundation year) in Arts, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences and mathematics (except Geography and Psychology)||£14,660 per year|
|All programmes in Engineering, Science, Medicine (years one and two), Geography and Psychology||£18,010 per year|
|Medicine (years three, four and five)||£38,315 per year|
|Foundation year in Engineering and Sciences||£15,250 per year|
Do these fees apply to me?
Not sure if you should be paying UK/EU or international fees?
For some health sciences and medicine courses, tuition fees for UK and EU students are paid by the NHS. Find out more about NHS-funded courses.
How will I pay the fees?
If you are a student from the UK or the EU, you will not have to pay your fees at the start of the academic year:
- If you live in England, you can apply for a loan from Student Finance England to cover your tuition fees. You will only start repaying this once you are earning over £21,000 per year. You can also take out a loan to cover your living costs.
- If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you will receive financial support from the Scottish Government, the Welsh Assembly Government or the Northern Ireland Executive.
- If you live in an EU country and meet certain eligibility criteria, you can apply to Student Finance England for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees.
If you are funding your own studies or if you are an international student, you will need to pay your fees in advance. Find out how and when to pay your fees.
What financial support does the University offer?
To make sure that the opportunities we offer are available to the most talented students from all backgrounds, we offer a generous financial support package.
* A contribution may be necessary towards certain elements – please check with the relevant academic department for details.