Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton

Undergraduate student finance

If you’re an undergraduate student from the UK, you might be able to get help from the government to pay your tuition fees and living costs.

Student loans

You might be able to get a tuition fee loan to help with your course fees. You could also get a maintenance loan to help with your living costs. The amount you can get is based on your household income.

You’ll have to repay these loans when you start earning above a certain amount.

Grants and extra financial support

You might also be able to get extra help from the government if:

Apply for a loan or grant

You can use the government’s student finance calculator to check what financial help you can get. You can also browse the full range of available support and follow the instructions to apply.

Privacy Settings