Open 8:00-18:00, Monday to Friday for children aged three months to five years
We pride ourselves on our wide range of activities and events
Based at the Highfield campus at the University of Southampton, the Early Years Centre offers stimulating childcare with a focus on learning through play.
Learning, stimulation, and support
Our highly qualified and experienced staff follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, planning activities and opportunities that your child will enjoy and be stimulated by. We are also keen to communicate closely with our parents so that we can better understand and cater to your child’s individual interests.
We can offer plenty of on-site variety to all of our children with our sensory room, soft play area, outdoor play equipment and a separate garden for digging, planting and learning about nature.
Activities and events
We regularly spend time with the children outside
We run a range of activities for our children regularly, such as:
- music minors’ classes that include sensory play and dancing
- talking tots’ classes which combine games, songs and rhymes
- fit kids’ which offers music and movement classes within the University’s Sports Centre
- zoolab, an educational and fun animal handling workshop
- the book bus which makes termly visits for on-board story time
We also put on a range of seasonal events including a Christmas party and carol singing, a teddy bears’ picnic in the secret garden at the University grounds, and an end of year Graduation ceremony for preschool children.
From 1st August 2014 to 31st July 2015
Morning Session 8am - 1pm Afternoon Session 1pm-6pm Full Day 8am-6pm
8am - 1pm
Safety is the most important aspect of care at the Early Years Centre
What do my fees cover?
- our wide range of activities and events
- healthy mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks
- a hot lunch prepared by our own dedicated chef
- nappies and wipes are not included - please bring your own supply