Hampshire and Isle of Wight Bursary
* Please note applications for this bursary are now closed.
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight bursary will cease to exist in its present form from the academic year 2012-13. Further updates on the bursaries available will be published on this website in due course.
In 2011/12 we will be offering up to 120 bursaries to UK undergraduate students who attended FE Colleges or school sixth forms in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, and/or students who were living in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight prior to attending the University of Southampton. We will allocate these bursaries on a competitive basis.
This criteria you will need to meet is as follows:
- A new, full-time UK undergraduate student
- Living in OR studying at a sixth form or further education college in Hampshire/on the Isle of Wight (or with a postcode in the Hampshire and Isle of Wight area) prior to July 2011.
- A UK resident (excluding the Channel islands and the Isle of Man )
- Living in a household with a total income of less than £40,000 (Your household income is judged by the information given in your PN1 form when you apply for student finance and takes into consideration any parents or partners you live with and their earnings. Make sure you share your information with the University when you fill in this form so we can give you any money that you should be getting. This means do NOT opt out in sections 10 and 12)
- Not already receiving an NHS bursary.
- Please download the application form, complete and return to Financial Information and Assistance, Student Services Centre, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ by the 20 January 2012.