CLEAPSS Introduction to Preparing Solutions and Apparatus SafelyEvent
- 09:30 - 16:00, 13 June 2017
- Worthing College, 1 Sandition Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9FD
For more information regarding this event, please telephone Mathematics and Science Learning Centre on 023 8059 8810 or email email@example.com .
This practical course is designed for science technicians that are new and/or inexperienced; more-experienced technicians may also find some aspects useful. The course aims to introduce technicians to CLEAPSS resources and support, and to introduce the basic skills needed to work safely and effectively in the prep room. Suitable for: Technicians. This course is led by Joanna Sacks.
What will the course include?
- introduction to CLEAPSS and keeping up to date
- the need for control measures to manage risks
- recipe sheets (what, why and how)
- getting the right chemical - reading the label and knowing when to ask for help
- making solutions: choosing the right equipment, basic techniques and simple adaptations to recipes
- supporting class activities: identifying equipment, setting out, delivering, retrieving and clearing up
- setting up equipment for a demonstration
- simple glasswork
Course Fee: £120 per person attending
This is for a full day of professional development, all CLEAPSS course resources, lunch and refreshments.
CLEAPSS courses are intended for CLEAPSS members - if you are uncertain about your membership please contact CLEAPSS on 01895 251496. An additional charge may be payable for non-members attending courses.