Filter projects :
- A 4-year prospective follow-up study of children with ADHD and their siblings
Exploring the interaction between patient and parental factors as moderators of outcome of ADHD
Projects investigating the issue of abortion
- Arousal and Pleasure
Projects investigating sexual agency
- Assessing the impact of children with ADHD on the health and well-being of their families
- Brain development study
An investigation of brain development alterations in relation to birth weight in adolescents.
- Can white noise facilitate children's attention and performance?
Testing the moderate brain arousal model
- Colour coding in digital displays
- Configural processing
- Context and learning
- Contraceptive utilisation and STI prevention
There are many different forms of female contraception available, yet the condom is the only method that also protects men and women from sexually transmitted infections.
- Cost-effectiveness of self-management of dizziness in primary care
An evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of booklet-based self-management of dizziness in primary care, with and without expert telephone support.
- Decisions regarding ADHD management (DRAMA-I)
Investigating the way in which specialist clinicians go about assessing and treating children with ADHD
- Default Mode Network Inference in ADHD
- Delay training for ADHD
- Detecting threats in real-world environments
- Developing computational models of accuracy regulation
- Development and evaluation of an interactive, internet-based smoking cessation intervention
(The ISCI trial)
- Early parenthood and teenage pregnancy
Projects investigating early parenthood and teenage pregnancy
- Elemental and configural processes
- Emotion discrimination in anxiety and prosopagnosia
- Emotional face processing without awareness
Exploring whether emotional face stimuli are processed in more efficient ways than other visual stimuli
- Exploring the neural markers and neuro-cognive function of children with ADHD: an investigation of the very low frequency brain oscillations during an attention task and different non-task states with EEG
- Eye movements during reading
Psychological processes active during the processing of written linguistic material
- Eye movements in special populations
- Home based parent training for preschool ADHD
A large scale RCT of two parenting programmes in New York, USA.
- IDIA electrophysiology laboratory
A summary of the laboratory's facilities and work
- International Multi-centre ADHD Gene project (IMAGE)
A major genetic initiative designed to map the genes that influence risk for ADHD and provide an understanding of the function of such genes.
- Investigation into genetic contributions and gene-environment interactions, and ADHD symptoms
A longitudinal study of children born small for gestational age (SGA), examining gene-environmental interactions (GxE)
- Investigation into spatial learning
- Is working memory deficient in ADHD due to problems with maintenance?
Examining verbal working memory in adults with high and low levels of ADHD symptoms.
Software that enables behavioural scientists to create online behavioural interventions
- Low frequency EEG oscillations in ADHD
- Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome in primary care
Feasibility Randomised Controlled Trial of mebeverine, methylcellulose, placebo and a patient self-management cognitive behavioural therapy website.
- MHRN Early Intervention Group
Developing studies into protocols for funding bodies
- Mothers experiencing concentration, organisation and regulation problems
What kind of support do they think they need?
- Neural markers of substance use disorder liability
Investigating reward and delay processing in children with ADHD using EEG/ERP.
- Neural substrates of variability in ADHD
- Neuropsychology of neurofibromatosis
- Opportunities and Choices
Reproductive Health Research
- Positive Online Weight Reduction (POWER)
Developing a nurse-delivered behavioural intervention to support weight loss in obese adults
- PRimary care Infection Management for Everday practice (PRIME)
A primary care trial of a tailored interactive website for the self-management of respiratory infections
A primary care trial of a website based infection control intervention to modify influenza-like illness and respiratory infection transmission.
- Programme for Early Detection and Intervention for ADHD (PEDIA)
A research initiative to target difficult to treat children and hard to reach families
- Psychological and physiological stress reactivity in young adults who experienced severe early institutional deprivation
- Psychosocial stress and multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms
An investigation of the role of everyday life stress and cortisol secretion in the occurrence and experience of MS symptoms.
REFRAMED is the study acronym for REFRActory depression - Mechanisms and Efficacy of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
- Resolving visual ambiguity
A study of the choices made by the visual system
- Safe Passages to Adulthood
Enabling young people to improve their sexual and reproductive health
- Self Authenticity
- Sex and relationships education in and out of school
The variety of levels and range of sources from which knowledge and attitudes to sex and sexuality are constructed and shaped
- Sexual Health service provisioning
Variations in provision of sexual health services and needs assessments in the UK
- Shape and depth perception
Visual cues and assumptions
- South Hampshire ADHD register project
The first register of young people with ADHD in the United Kingdom.
- Testing between models of ADHD; delay aversion & state regulation deficits
- The eDarling Project
- The impact of global early institutional deprivation during emerging adulthood: pathways to successful transition in the ERA s