English at Southampton prides itself on its research-led teaching and we are delighted to have been recognised in the 2014 Research Assessment Framework 2014 for the following:
- 96% of scholarship produced by the English department was recognised to be of international quality.
- 39% of our books and articles were recognised as "world-leading" (4* - the highest category); this puts us 9th in this category against other UK English Departments and it is the 3rd highest score in the University.
- 70% of our research environment was categorised as 'world-leading' and the other 30% was 'internationally excellent'; this was the 4th highest score awarded by the English panel on that measure and the 5th highest score in the University.
- 100% of our impact strategy was recognised as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent'.
- Since the Research Assessment Exercise in 2008, our 4* world-leading research has improved by 64%