Dates and times – including deadline dates
Please see below for information on:
- Dates and times of ceremonies
- Deadline dates for graduation
- Provisional dates for future summer graduation ceremonies
These dates and times are important and we suggest that you print them off and keep them safe or put them in your calendar.
NB Always remember to update the Graduation Team if you change your email address as the Graduation Team needs to stay in contact with you right up until your ceremony date. This is especially important if you change from a Southampton University email address to a home or work email address.
Dates and times of ceremonies:
The days of graduation 2013 are 17 - 19 & 22 - 25 July.
Morning ceremonies are held at 9.30am, 10.45am and 12.00pm.
Afternoon ceremonies are held at 2.15pm, 3.30pm, and 4.45pm.
Graduation ceremonies are held in either the Turner Sims Concert Hall or the Nuffield Theatre.
Deadline dates for summer graduation:
- Applications open online: 1 March
- Application Deadline: 31 May
- Final awards date for summer graduation: 28 June 2013
- Intention to submit PhD date: 31 January
- If you wish to inform the Graduation Team of any additional health requirements/disability (mobility, visual, hearing, unseen health concern, late stage pregnancy, broken bones etc) the deadline is the 31 May. This can be for yourself or any of your guests.
- If you wish to graduate in-absentia, that is to opt out of attending the ceremony and not have your name published in the ceremonial programme, you must complete your application by 31 May
- All outstanding debts paid by the end of May - this is the same deadline to return any University equipment that you may have on loan.
Provisional dates for future summer ceremonies:
These dates are for your information but have yet to be finally confirmed by Senate. Confirmation occurs annually in January.
17 – 24 July 2014
16 - 23 July 2015