Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton
PsychologyUndergraduate study

What relevant work experience would I need?

Teaching assistant
Teaching assistant

A postgraduate course is the stepping stone to become an Academic teacher but in order to take a step onto a postgraduate course; you will need relevant work experience. Below are some ideas about the kind of roles that will give you this experience including some in the local area:

It is best to apply for these roles via Community Volunteering as they are able to provide CRB checks that are essential for working with children and young people. In addition, they can locate volunteers to the schools in order to balance requests across the community.

CRB Check

A Criminal Records Bureau Check will be needed if you are working with children or sensitive information.


Privacy Settings