Our team of academic staff is committed to high quality, rigorous research and teaching and we have the first-rate facilities you would expect from a leading research school.
During the course of your research your progress will be supported and monitored by a supervisory panel who will make sure you have access to the advice and information you need to make your project a success.
If you are considering joining us, you will already be interested in research within one of our key groups:
- Earth Surface Dynamics (ESD);
- Economy, Governance and Culture
- Global Environmental Change and Earth Observation (GECEO);
- Population, Health and Wellbeing (PHeW);
- Palaeoenvironmental Laboratory at the University of Southampton (PLUS).
An increasing proportion of our activities involves collaborative working across the University. You may find that your chosen project is jointly supervised by academic colleagues from Social Sciences, Ocean and Earth Sciences, Civil Engineering and Environment or another area.
Details of current PhD studentships are included on a dedicated studentships news feed, which you will find on the Courses page.