Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton
Student ServicesVisa and immigration

Lost or stolen passports and visas

If your documents are lost or stolen we can help
If your documents are lost or stolen we can help

If you have lost your documents, or they have been stolen, you must apply for a replacement as soon as possible. The process varies depending on your visa type and your location (outside or inside the UK). 

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for instructions.

Your visa and passport are very important documents. We strongly advise that you keep them safe and avoid carrying them with you on a daily basis. It is possible to obtain an identification card to avoid taking your visa or passport with you when required to prove your age (for instance when buying alcoholic drinks).These identification cards are significantly cheaper and easier to replace than a new passport or BRP card. When you apply for a national proof of age card, we recommend you check that it is accredited by the PASS scheme. Information about cards which are accredited by PASS is available on the PASS scheme website

After you have received your new visa/passport, you must register your new documents with the VISAS Team at a visa compliance appointment as soon as possible. You can find more information about how to book a visa compliance appointment to register your new visa or passport on our contact us webpage.

Useful External Links

Please note: The University of Southampton cannot accept responsibility for the content of external websites.

Passport, Visa and BRP Problems (UKCISA)Report a Lost or Stolen BRP (UKVI)Replace Your BRP (UKVI)
PASS Scheme
Frequently asked questions

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are uncertain about anything or you have a query, then our comprehensive frequently asked questions (FAQs) page may have the answer.

Visa drop-in and appointments

Visa drop-in and appointments

You can talk to one of our visa advisors by coming to a visa drop-in session, or you can book an appointment for an in depth discussion.

Enquiry form

Enquiry form

You can contact us through our online enquiry form. We strongly encourage people to contact us through the online enquiry form rather than to directly email us.

The information provided on this page was correct at the time of publishing. We strive to regularly update this page but we advise that you visit the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website as well; this is the UK government's official website and the information provided will be regularly updated in accordance with UK immigration rules.

Privacy Settings