Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton
We're launching a new website soon and would love your feedback. See the new design
Student Services

Visa and Immigration Student Advice Service

Important advice for students studying in the UK on a visa

Please see here for specific information about Covid-19 (Coronavirus) for students studying here on a visa.

Right to Study check information for EU, EEA and Swiss students continuing a course of study at the University.

The University has a dedicated team of staff to provide information and advice about visas and immigration for students and their dependants.

The University of Southampton's VISAS Team:


The University is an Alternative Collection Location (ACL) for Student visas. We recommend that you use the University as the ACL if you are applying for a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card for your Student  visa. The ACL code is: 2HE382.


During your studies

During your studies

Visa conditions, attendance, lost passports & visas, change of circumstances, police registration

Contact Us

Contact Us

You can contact us by email and through online chat. We also offer online 1 to 1 appointments. 

Useful Downloads

Need the software?PDF Reader

The information contained in this website is believed to be correct at the time of publication. For further information please ensure that you refer to the relevant guidance from the UKVI at the time of applying. The University of Southampton is not responsible for the content of external webpages or information published by Government bodies.

Please note: The University of Southampton is not responsible for the content on any external websites.

Privacy Settings